Getting your protein from whole food sources is ideal, protein balls make for an easy snack that will sneak some protein and other nutrients into your diet. They can be made with several types of protein powder, including whey, egg, soy and pea protein.
I like to make my protein balls on a range of nuts which incorporates fiber – which will make you feel full straight away. Protein helps you stay full for longer, and the fat work with hormones to increase satiety.
Recipe makes approx. 20 protein balls
2 cups desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
2 scoops chosen protein powder
1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend! You want to make sure you have a doughy consistency – don’t stress if they are a little too gooey.
2. Once blended place mixture into a bowl.
3. Put on gloves! If you don’t you will end up with a layer of dough on your hands.
4. Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls (about the size of a golf ball) – then roll in the extra coconut to coat.
5. Place on a tray and leave covered in the fridge to set.
Eat & enjoy!
Nutritionist & Owner (Miss Bliss)
Jacqui is a qualified Nutritionist and business owner. She shares her passion for nourishing food through her cafe and catering business, Miss Bliss Wholefoods. Jacqui connects with hundreds of people a day encouraging them to live blissful and nourishing lives.